World Food Programme

World Food Programme Employee Reviews

Egypt4 reviews
WFP’s efforts focus on emergency assistance, relief and rehabilitation, development aid and special operations. Two-thirds of work is in conflict-affected countries where people are three times more likely to be undernourished than those living in countries without conflict.
Working for WFP was a decent overall experience. Some of the work seems mundane because I dont think anyone reads it or reviews it. However, being a part of the projects and seeing where our efforts go is very reassuring.
Working on editing videos all day long is my passion, even with loads of material and strict deadlines, seeing a final product at the end praised by everyone makes me forget all the stress and pressure I was in.
During my job at WFP, I suffered from an accident in which i had a leg fracture. I managed to work with full spirit after very short time and came to office by walking on crutches. I learned how disable people suffer and how they are committed to work on job. I learned how to maintain spirit to work with full diligence. My workplace culture is very friendly and my colleagues were very helpful to me. I also learned how to serve others in need.

Our management was very surprised at that time and arranged official vehicle for pick and drop me. They also reduced my office timing till full recovery.

Overall I am very satisfied with the organization's culture.
Pros
Na
Cons
Normally short break, leaves are never a problem for us.