World Bank

World Bank Employee Reviews

I am just a freelance interpreter with many other organizations like the world bank. our work day is usually intellectually challenging which makes the workplace and culture a lot of fun. It also helps us develop professionally after every subject we interpret.
good place to work, good people, awesome location, excellent work environment, great learning experience especially from some very smart people from around the world
There are way too many reorganizations. Management does not realize how much productivity is lost when teams are constantly moved from one unit to another.
Pros
excellent benefits, interesting issues
Cons
too much internal politics
Promotions are not based on merit but on politics .. if you tell your boss he/she is doing a great job every day, even that is not the case, you are ok
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too much politics
hard job to get, you have to know someone there, I worked for a person that I knew which was very helpful in the big picture of things. I wave not found other work there
Competitive rate for lawyer positions. Some managers are great, others bad (although intelligent, not everyone can be a good manager). Many interesting seminars to join. Friendly staff members (sometimes even certain managers) who are willing to have coffee with you. Nature of work is interesting.
Pros
Interesting work and competent colleagues from around the world; helps fight poverty
Cons
Some (not all) managers are dishonest and don't know how to manage, Consultants can be excluded from certain trainings or meetings, making them feel less valued despite their hard work.
I never imagined I would have worked with the World Bank, but one day I just receive a call, got screen, instructed to send my C V. Went in for more screening, but because I knew the job so well, I saw it smooth for me to be selected. My take to everyone, know your career very well, and the World Bank is your dream come true.
Pros
Great salary line to better your life.
Cons
Most time contracts are short term, I wish I could have a long term contracts or employement with them.
Great work towards helping countries.Good place to work, travel the world. ... Working at the largest multilateral development Bank is exciting, with lots of travel and growth potential.
I really don't have much to say about world bank because I did not work for the organization for a long time. I was a temporary worker so my time there was short
Pros
lunch
Cons
security
Provides an opportunity to gain global experience and expertise which aid in professional development. Developing countries have received tremendous assistance through capacity building opportunities offered through the World Bank Group.
The Job is of the great responsibility of keeping track of the loan amount being spent correctly for the purpose it is assigned. Time to time thorough review of the system with the Government to assess that the support operations are making the desired impact to the program and also strengthening system for sustainability in long term
Allows everyone's talents to flourish and empower positive mindset in achieving targets and outputs; collaboration takes into place first, followed by accurate and efficient calendar management, logistics and other administrative task as needed.
Don't do the stc jobs for a long time. It much depends on the manager the you can get the staffs position. So if you really want to work at big orgainization, you can choose it, but for better life and compensation, do it if you get the staff position.
Good place to work, travel the world. Meet interesting people Works with your schedule Takes care of their employees or consultants ................
Working at the largest multilateral development Bank is exciting, with lots of travel and growth potential. Usually you start as a short term consultant. If you’re lucky, you will be hired as proper staff after a few years, with benefits like pension, health insurance and more. To move up, feed the beast and play ball.
As International Development organization, very friendly environment and supportive management. The organization has a lot to offer for staff development.
I learnt a lot about dealing with people from different parts of the world. Management differed every couple of years as managers changed from time to time. Workplace culture was very interesting and multidimensional. I think one can best describe it as an ever-changing environment.
In World Bank work is of days which can be broken into hour of pure work and then proceed to finish your days (each day being 8 hours) give account for the same and claim reimbursements (for Consultants) Hard to find men who are recruited on permanent post including country head.
I worked at the World Bank for more than ten years and saw it deteriorate markedly during that period. Current management is less than inspiring, and the organisation's strategy and direction are also unclear. Adding relentless work pressures (possibly deriving from the lack of focus mentioned), by the end I felt like I had served my time.
This organization is a true leader in international development. I've been fortunate to work with a small team of supportive, experienced and dedicated individuals who provide me opportunities to learn more about development as a whole.
Productive workplace and good environment to work at. I was relatively happy during my tenure there. I would recommend it as a productive and good workplace.