United Nations Development Programme Employee Reviews

Location and work environment is very important and very sensitive
Specialist water and wastewater engineer (Former Employee) –  cairoApril 4, 2017
my job description was :

-Collect data and information related to the projects (water and waste water projects).
-Carry out field visits to projects, and follow-up these projects with relevant ministries and authorities.
-Prepare a Progress Reports to the projects.
-Participate in conferences ,meetings, local and regional and international workshops ,and prepare all data about these activities
Pros
important experience in deal with big scale projects
Cons
The nature of work stressful
Good workplace
Project & training coordinator (Current Employee) –  القاهرةMarch 14, 2017
Good organization but has more process in work and recoverage . I have nice people in this organization and working in community development and I hope to see more advantage.
Excellent culture and cooperative colleagues
Administrative/HR Associate & Learning Manager (Current Employee) –  Cairo, EgyptMay 23, 2014
My day at the Regional Center in Cairo - UNDP is very busy and full of people. I started work as the Administrative Associate who is responsible as described in my resume with a number of responsibilities of managing the premises, drivers and all services related to the Center. Later on when the HR Associate left our office I was also given the responsibility of HR having the background and former experience in HR. With the addition of the responsibility I was also given the opportunity to hire two assistants to handle the work load who happen to be prove their ability and commitment and ensure timely and effective delivery of tasks and their responsibility.
With this the number of supervisee increased and it was a challenge to manage different caliber of staff and different age brackets however I met the challenge with determination and I have a great team spirit and cooperative staff working with me.

The hardest part of the job is to have deadlines for a number of deliverables that are equally important and of high priority. On the other hand, the most enjoyable in working with UNDP is the diversity of the culture and the cooperation of all colleagues.

I have spent 11 years within the UN system and worked in a number of UN organizations and they have been fruitful years that added to my experience and knowledge.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Workload and long working hours