Siemens AG

Siemens AG Employee Reviews in القاهرة

I was at Mentor Graphics, Siemens PLM. The work environment was very friendly and everyone was supportive. My manager was an excellent manager who always supported me and pushed me to be better and learn more.
Erfahrung und ein sicheres Unternehmen was global sehr productive ist
responsible to test and put in services ALL electrical equipment/ apparatus, facilities and supported systems, electrically to client, ensuring safe ruining with training.
Working in Siemens gave me a multi-lateral experience. I have worked with the Steam Turbines manager, Sales manager, Project managers, Project planner, Procurement department, Gas Turbine operation and maintenance. A typical on-site day at work would be like: First thing, we run a test to check if the emergency diesel engines are working. Then we head to the operation room and follow the reading of production/usage of the turbines. In the meantime, I get to ask all the senior engineers any question I want regarding Power generation, transmission and distribution or general questions regarding electrical or mechanical engineering. There is a health and safety seminar once every week to ensure that all engineers and technicians follow the worldwide Siemens rules for health and safety. If need be, we isolate the generators before technicians come to check the wires connecting the generator and transformer. I learnt a lot about how turbines, generators and compressors work. First my managers gave me books to read and explained to me then we had site visits to practically understand how all these systems work. I would not say there was any hard parts of the job as I was there to learn and if I wasn't learning, I was applying what I learnt. The most enjoyable part was getting on field and watching the process with my own eyes and not on a screen.
Pros
most engineers where young 23-38
Cons
It was a summer job in cairo = 45 degrees celsius
Siemens ( telecommunication Department ) was a subcontractor thus there were time limit for every project . A friendly working environment.
Tender , design , procurement , project management technical evaluation , site progress , AIS & GIS substation
Day start at 8:00 and finish at 4:00 We are working on a open space work enviroment. Hardest part of the job dealing all the time with analysis and requirments
Pros
Free Hours
Cons
The Location
Good company , you can a very good knwoledge and experience , management is good , but the problem in the career development and career management
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
no career development
I learned a lot about the project management and how important is the preparation, pre-planning and resource forecasting for engineering and other technical activities, Siemens is one of the biggest company in the imaging medical devices, management were professional and co-workers were family.
having a big team running the optical transmission engineering office. a part of the team moved to work with the technical assistance center for the middle east. the team work included trouble ticketing and problem simulation.
managing company spares and customer request for installtion a site and customer complain when they have deffective parts or unit
day work with flexible working hours, work load depends on the monthly end closing datelearned how to create a cycle & how to apply control that guarantee efficiency & effectivenessmanagement more concerned about cutting costsco-workers are amazing people with the culture of sharing knowledge & caring to learn new comers
- Develop and implement in coordination with the Automation System Manager (AS) actions to achievemilestones in Business Target Agreement (BTA).- Support sales team in all sectors (F&B, O&G, Chemicals & Petrochemicals, W&WW …) with customer visitsand technical negotiations.- Product demonstration in exhibitions, fairs and special events for DCS.- Conduct customer events for knowledge transfer of DCS product development.- Provide supportive competitive arguments, latest technology and applications to sales team.- Investigate and study local market requirements.- Pre-qualify potential customers, EPC’s and business opportunities with sales team.- Coordinate pricing levels with Automation System Manager (AS).- Document and report activity progress to Automation System Manager (AS).- Develop local project list with all project in pipe line with sales.- Define measures to win strategically projects.- Provide sales team with technical-marketing competitor’s information to be able to present Siemens DCS.- Support System Integrators via technical workshops & configuration in order to be able to win DCS projects.- Support Solution Partners via technical workshops & configuration in order to be able to win DCS projects.- Support the Engineering Team as PCS7 consultant in the Engineering phase of all project.- Assist quotation centre team in offering phase and order processing clarification.