Schlumberger
Coronavirus update
Information from Schlumberger:

Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Egypt30 reviews
It’s a good workplace to start your carrer at it and easily you can get promoted if you are a hardworker but as it’s known that in the call center carrier after sometime you health will be affected due to wearing the headset all the time
Pros
Outings and celebrations every month, overtime
Cons
Wearing the headset all the time
- A lot of experience at the beginning, a lot of routine afterwards

- the most enjoyable part of the job when you need your analytical and problem solving skills to investigate and solve a problem.
Great place to work, very good company. Oil prices have caused company to downsize employee numbers. Work is tough and can be very physical depending on your job title. I worked on Seismic ships and the travel can be long and no guarantee you will be home on scheduled dates.
Company needs more leadership training for supervisors and managers, I was not impressed with many that I had worked for. Most of them were old school and didn't appreciate women working for them even though I had 20+ years of Military experience.

Advancement is somewhat based on your ability to learn quickly through on hand experience and self paced training modules. Only problem is getting them signed off by your supervisor.

Co-workers can be from all over the world and many different cultures, which I mostly enjoyed.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No oil no job
erospace is the worldwide leading manufacturer of aircraft passenger cabin interior products for the commercial and business jet aircraft markets. B/E Aerospace is also the leading global distributor of aerospace fasteners
It was avery tough transfering period till I have my target achieved
Pros
Team, Management
Cons
Office room
We have a small team of co workers. They are young and learning the business fast.
Today we have a pre phase meeting on a high profile work over for are only customer.

They are a very demanding customer but we are up to the task of supporting them.

Hardest part of the operations is getting equipment sourced and delivered in time.

Most enjoyable is seeing a job planned correctly and executed to give the customer and ourselves satisfaction.
Pros
Good Job perks and training
Cons
Going through transition and integration pains
A world-class company. Very talented and driven people. Long, yet appreciated, working hours. Life-work balance is very difficult, but the financial rewards can make it up. Training and progression are set up and tailored to one's talent and wish. Therefore, the career path is very clear and everybody is motivated to push harder. I will always recommend working there.
I like your company because the offer good training program as my career and thy have good market at fishing work and i meet ur team they have more experience and i would like if i have chance to get my training an work a part of this team.
Multicultural Understanding

Trainee in SIS

Schlumberger, Egypt

-worked as reservoir engineer

-worked on Eclipse and Petrel software
Each month targets were reached in my department, I have learned to work hard and under pressure, to have an effective communication with my co-workers. The most of all was to manage my time, any time lost was recorded in time keeping record, thus gave me a proper time management habit.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the after party, when we hit our target, our managers took everyone on the team out for dinner.
Pros
lunch and learn: was provided
Cons
long hectic hours sometimes