Schlumberger
Coronavirus update
Information from Schlumberger:

Schlumberger Employee Reviews in القاهرة

القاهرة9 reviews
This experience taught me how to work under pressure and excel with limited resources. It was a life changer experience that I encourage everyone to take.
- Very nice working environment, team work, multinational and multicultural ambiance.
- Oilfield service type of work, where you get to work with a variety of oilfield operators with different mentality, problems to solve and challenges.

- The vast exposure of operations you experience teach you a lot, and in a short time you become an expert at your job.

- Strong technical training and development programs

- However, strongly dependent on the market status.

- Job functions might overlap with others, which leads to increased specialization and reduced professional responsibilities.
Cons
overlaping job functions
Schlumberger is the biggest company in the oil field services . I was field senior hand working for the company in different places , Egypt , Sudan , Saudi & Oman
Field engineer was a hectic job, long hours of no slep, so many responsibilities, you are kinda the jack of all trades, but i learned a lot on how to adapt, hard work and deal with silly clients. management is OK, sometimes cooperative, sometimes they gave me hard time, the workplace culture is harsh and you are expected to be a very hard worker but its multicultural, and this was the fun part of it. the hardest part of the job was the long hours of no sleep and the stress during the operation. the most enjoyable part was the training courses where they most of the time send you abroad where you have a lot of fun.
mi primera experiencia en trabajo en alta mar, mucho aprendizaje, la oportunidad de de manejar y supervisar 7 plataformas a la vez
Pros
buen salario, buena salud
In our workshop we service our tool, keep it ready for upcoming jobs, sometimes we start over with a new tools study it first then start in its service. the balance of our spare parts is our responsibility in workshop also mobilization for our tools to the client. I have 7 technician in my workshop.
The hardest part of our jobs is unscheduled jobs it takes a much time and effort

The enjoyable part when the tools pass the hydrostatic test, it mean that it's ok
- A lot of experience at the beginning, a lot of routine afterwards

- the most enjoyable part of the job when you need your analytical and problem solving skills to investigate and solve a problem.
It was avery tough transfering period till I have my target achieved
Pros
Team, Management
Cons
Office room
Multicultural Understanding