Schlumberger
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Egypt30 reviews
It’s a good workplace to start your carrer at it and easily you can get promoted if you are a hardworker but as it’s known that in the call center carrier after sometime you health will be affected due to wearing the headset all the time
Pros
Outings and celebrations every month, overtime
Cons
Wearing the headset all the time
have been working at Schlumberger full-time for more than a year

Pros

Industry and job exposure, culture, growth opportunities

Cons

Industry instability, work life balance
This experience taught me how to work under pressure and excel with limited resources. It was a life changer experience that I encourage everyone to take.
In Schlumberger, u learn a lot of lessons every day and each day is a learning curve.
You will be rewarded based on the job u do and how you finish it up.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
No much vacation even if you do have and management is very strict.
- Good place for work and learn in the field
-Good place to know how to deal with people

-your social life effect to much as u had to be all the time working may be more than 24 hr some times

-good place for friend shipe

-u can go to a lot of places
Pros
free launch
Cons
social life
a. Senior QA/QC E&I Engineer
b. i learned how to do progress in project

c.i was a leader for 2 subcontractors co. with 80 workers

d. all the work papers were strictly controlled

e. i enjoyed working in a good system to grow up pig project
Pros
free lunch
Cons
12 hours work douple rate / day
Pros.
Great place to work with learning and skill development opportunities,Good management system and engagement with all employees.Lots of travelling to different location.
One of the biggest oil service companies in the world, worked a 30 day period as an
intern with the subsea testing department.

Great to work with, learned a lot from them.
- Very nice working environment, team work, multinational and multicultural ambiance.
- Oilfield service type of work, where you get to work with a variety of oilfield operators with different mentality, problems to solve and challenges.

- The vast exposure of operations you experience teach you a lot, and in a short time you become an expert at your job.

- Strong technical training and development programs

- However, strongly dependent on the market status.

- Job functions might overlap with others, which leads to increased specialization and reduced professional responsibilities.
Cons
overlaping job functions
A typical day at work involves preparing for a job on a rig and managing the logistical part of the operation such as mobilization of the equipment and chemicals to the location as well as coordination with the client representative over the technical aspect of the job which happens during job execution. It is a challenging job that requires quick thinking as you are expected to make decisions on the spot to be able to execute your job successfully without any HSE or SQ issues
Schlumberger is the biggest company in the oil field services . I was field senior hand working for the company in different places , Egypt , Sudan , Saudi & Oman
Really it is a hard work and enjoyable to work with multinational employees while the co. give you a free hand to work and take the decisions as they trusted you. HSEQ are very important issues in our daily work either at the fields or at head office.
Pros
good bonus scheme
Cons
The working hours and days at the field are at the cost of my family time
Field engineer was a hectic job, long hours of no slep, so many responsibilities, you are kinda the jack of all trades, but i learned a lot on how to adapt, hard work and deal with silly clients. management is OK, sometimes cooperative, sometimes they gave me hard time, the workplace culture is harsh and you are expected to be a very hard worker but its multicultural, and this was the fun part of it. the hardest part of the job was the long hours of no sleep and the stress during the operation. the most enjoyable part was the training courses where they most of the time send you abroad where you have a lot of fun.
we are working in the desert , I think that is enough .
working hard in a bad weather conditions and may be wake up more than 24Hrs .

It is a tough jobs
Good company to work for and make good money.Life and work balance was not that good but you get compensated for that,any way it was nice working there.
Schlumberger is a very good company to work in its care about safety and security in everything
All the employees must have a trainings course to understand everything to be at the top
Pros
Free lunch every Thursday
Cons
Health care
I worked as a Call Center Agent For Schlumberger Oil Services and after that Got promoted to be Data Analyst For Schlumberger Oil Services.
It's perfect Place.
mi primera experiencia en trabajo en alta mar, mucho aprendizaje, la oportunidad de de manejar y supervisar 7 plataformas a la vez
Pros
buen salario, buena salud
* Challenge work life
* Key person for company

* Focal point for communication

* Ability to work 24/7

* Sales and Marketing opportunities
Pros
Training, New technology and Career Move
Cons
Load of work, Ability to Relocate
In our workshop we service our tool, keep it ready for upcoming jobs, sometimes we start over with a new tools study it first then start in its service. the balance of our spare parts is our responsibility in workshop also mobilization for our tools to the client. I have 7 technician in my workshop.
The hardest part of our jobs is unscheduled jobs it takes a much time and effort

The enjoyable part when the tools pass the hydrostatic test, it mean that it's ok
Provide onsite services to the operator by measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific recommendations for controlling fluid properties.
Pros
analytical skills can be demonstrated & developed
Cons
Stay away from family