Samsung Electronics

Samsung Electronics Work-Life Balance reviews

A dynamic & productive company where you can learn a lot, share ideas & leave your print. long working hours & very systematic company with value of time & ability to coop fast with market changes
it was a good year and i get good experience in commitment from my team which is prove me that Korean as nationality have to respect.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
what I have seen and learnt in Samsung so far, that it is a very fast moving industry, and the product life cycle is very fast. I also learnt how to adapt with this environment and with the Korean culture. The hardest part of the job is that we are always in crisis management, as for the current status in the country.
Pros
learn a lot in different fields
Cons
work life balance
I start my day planning my goals for the day which of course part of the month's target. after that I send emails to my team asking them for progress meeting for 15 minutes to follow up their work and solve upcoming problems. back to my office, I prepare letters to clients, municipality or suppliers to provide required information about different projects. usually I have minimum 2 meetings with heads of departments each around 45 minutes. during the day I have many telephones to different projects site following up the construction progress, some problems need site visits also. At the end of the day, I like to evaluate the plan I made in the beginning of the day, 85% success is a good start for the following day. I learned dealing with different problems at the same time. Management has 70% influence of the employee's attitude. My co-workers are different some are easy going people and some are really hard, but I learned how to work with both types. the hardest part of job is the start of the project. the most enjoyable part is coordination between different disciplines.
Pros
free lunches
- Korean Style - Very fine technologies - Respect to managers
Pros
over time
Cons
As a tech. support agent a typical working day will start at 10 AM and end at 7 PM ( Summer timing ) while it starts at 11 Am to 8 PM ( winter timing ), with 3 breaks of a total 1 hour during the day. I have learned a lot such as time management , team work, team leadership , customer satisfaction and a lot more. The hardest part of my job is handling angry customers and high queue of calls. The most enjoyable part of my job is how the team deal with each other as friends and a family.
Pros
Good food and drinks, fun days
Cons
Long hours, high queue
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Samsung Electronics?