Merck

Merck Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,158 reviews
One of the oldest pharmaceutical companies if not the oldest ever. They have a clear values. It was a great experience for me to work with them and I confess I have learnt a lot there.
Gostei muito de lá trabalhar foi pena ter acabado o armazém em Portugal
Worked there when they formed hub in Austin. Rude management. No vision. Chaos. I got fired while on FMLA due to my husband dying. Constant stress and pressure. Forcing introverts to be extraverts.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Chaotic
Onboarding, as a contract-to-hire, was a very poor experience for me. It was poor because it's going to be costly. There was a surprise four week assessment, and then I was released from work. They felt that I wasn't learning the job quick enough. I advise being compensated for all your expenses before taking a position at this Elkhorn location, if your situation permits it.
Pros
They dangle a very nice carrot, flexibility was nice
Cons
getting let go after four weeks working there after moving 400+ miles.
Not human-focused goals in some department from senior management. No new talents / younger generations join the management team. There are too abundant mid-senior management people and this group swap positions among themselves.
Company needs better management and a better training plan. Most of the older operators are retiring and that will create a massive problem moving forward into the future.
Merck is a fantastic place to work, but not without issues. First of all, you really are part of helping to save and improve people's lives, regardless of the role you have. Secondly, the work is fascinating. You will learn something new every single day. And third, the digital transformation taking place is something to keep an eye on. They have such vision, and while it's going to some some time to come into fruition, if you stay the course, then you will be part of something truly amazing.
The work crew and shift supervisors congregate at a specified area where we begin with comments or questions about safety, then are apprised of the previous shifts issues , if any , where we are at in the stage of the production run at present, then are informed of the assignments of the shift personnel for the shift, then dismissed to proceed to our assigned work areas/station. The work culture is good with most co-workers being very cooperative with each other . The most difficult part of the job is the laborious task of CGMP compliance , which is the cleaning and decontamination daily of the entire processing and packaging areas.Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting or exceeding production quotas.
Pros
Occasionally being rewarded with expensive dinners for a job well done
Cons
Having to delay breaks when your relief is late
You will be working with top talent in the industry here! Benefits second to none and directors giving full support all the way down! You get back more than what you put into it :)
Found this project and location to be very will managed, allowing me to perform my responsibilities without interference.The location (Puerto Rico) allowed a great recreation experience.
Pros
Project oriented
Cons
l opportunités de développement et dévolutions au près de cet entreprise
Pros
très bonne structure pour travailler
Cons
yen a pas
Sales were important but only for the appropriate patients. Management and employees had a high level of integrity. I always felt valued as a salesperson for Merck by my own management and most importantly, by my customers.
Team was great. Very friendly. Lots of training and people friendly. Management not so great and no help. Working 70hr weeks and no time off. Would not recommend
Pros
Lot of vacation for experience people.
Cons
Wrong expectations from management
Strong HSE Supportive of work life balanceGlobal Lack of strong leadershipNo line progression.Huge efforts go un-noticed and not rewarded resulting in poor salary No recognitionsCan have bullying undertonesBig staff turnover
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
Unrecognised. Little annual reward.
Merck is a good place to work, high performers and professional environment. Expertise is appreciated, can be intense at times. However great overall environment.
Overall a good company to work for, however there seems to be this disconnect between the union employees and salaried. This promotes a culture of fear and hesitation.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Work culture
Excellent, professional work environment. Merck hires only the best, their training program is second to none. The daily work environment is both challenging and rewarding
I have been here 15 years and have seen some progress. However, the management styles are outdated and opportunities for advancement are reserved for those that are connected or are some part of leadership program, which require connections. Overall good company and benefits, but moving up is an uphill battle.
Pros
Good benefits, some flexibility
Cons
Moving up is hard
I would work for them again! Great life work balance.great support from managers and directors. great compensationLess regional meetings would be betterCoaching was fantastic!Allowed to work independently but also fostered collaboration amongst teammates
Pros
Great managers, teeammates
Cons
restructuring
Bad leadership, horrible atmosphere... benefits are amazing and company is amazing the site is awful tho nastiest people I've ever met.. also very stressful place
Nice place people lovely Management lovely Great perksGreat time offGood sick payDoors always openFree parking Good social clubGreat medical care
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No cons
  1. Employee Reviews