Merck

Merck Employee Reviews

One of the oldest pharmaceutical companies if not the oldest ever. They have a clear values. It was a great experience for me to work with them and I confess I have learnt a lot there.
One of the oldest pharmaceutical companies. Well reputed and established in the medical field. Very professional and well-organized multinational group. You will learn a lot there.
Healthy culture, dynamic You gonna wish to work with Merck forever Best development and they know how to sharpen your skills Respect and integrity are the most obvious values you can feel and live
Team Work,Respect,multinational culture,died line ,create budget Improved accuracy and reliability report ,extend my experience on commercial field ,expand my net work due to a lot of filed visit .
EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK AT Worked there as medical representative covering cairo area and promoting Vioxx which is a pain killer and Fosamax (alendronate)
Everyone in the company is very keen on development. They have values like respect, integrity and honesty. I have enjoyed working with my supervisors as they always share experience with me.
U: understanding your Market need . P: plan your strategy. A: Analyzing your strength and weakness. C: controlling measures should be clear. A: Achieving your allocated target.
Pros
Area to grow, pleasent place to work in.
Cons
nothing
Pharmaceutical industries are always experiencing merges, where the management influence & affect in motivating and sustaining the talent employees is extremely important. In Merck, had experience to meet my role model manager, who remain my reference in any challenge related to anything going forward, even outside the work.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Long woring Hours
great job, excellent opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people, and improve my own skills. long hours of working but it was so rewarding. I used to get compensated for the extra work and meeting the target.
When there is no love and passion in an organization, people lose a sense of fulfillment in their work, and their productivity suffers. It hurts the well-being of employees and the organization as a whole. I found all that in Merck. If it wasn't for the low pay, I would have never left it.
Pros
Amazing culcture
Cons
Low pay
very healthy work environment and helpful people and very helpful managers and help u to work and give all your power ,caring about you not only the job
american culture company that gives you all support to reach company goal and objectives. appreciate efforts and always make promotion and assignements for the sales team to prepare them to be their future leaders.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
nothing
i usually start my day at 9 am to make three or more visits in hospitals . My pm day usually starts at 7 pm to achieve 3 or more visits with different criteria doctors .
is not a bad day but very exhausting , learn how to deal and negotiate with people in different kinds, management is good an pretty fair, my co-workers are perfect and we have friendship , hardest part is the usual stress, the most enjoyable part is how we have fun at our free days
Merck is a good pharmaceutical company in terms of sales & marketing. I enjoyed being there. Didn't work there for a long time, though, I still like the people there.
Involved much paperwork. Timing and meeting deadlines is key. People were very nice and friendly and motivated to work. Hardest part was sometimes dealing with governmental requirements for approvals.
Excellent environment to work in I quickly learned how to adapt in a results-driven environment. Every single employee is willing to help and extend their expertise. Even as the company expands rapidly, the atmosphere is fun and exciting.