McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews for Manager

Found 5,977 reviews matching the search
It is a very hard working job but you always have to take it easy and do your best to keep up with customer complaint. Train your employees as good as you can so that they can take of the business.
All politics and the real workers who so all the work don't get enough recognition. No benefits and not enough salary increase for the amount of responsibilities you have as a Manager.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks or none, no benefits
A lot of the times we were short handed we couldnt keep employees, its a fast paced environment and you have to deall with a lot of customers managing wasnt always easy
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressfull, they have favorites
great place to work especially for anyone starting a career must have great customer service and willing to work with the public flexible hour multiple location.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
great hours
had a great time working here because the people they love me and i love the people and cheeseburgers make me so happy and excited all the time when adding bacon especially
Worst place to work in life is miserable, I would rather kick rocks than work here. Go out and sell crack for a living that working here, thought of killing myself everyday.
Cons
I honestly really liked working at McDonald’s. I was able to get promoted to crew trainer after six months and then to management after another six. I worked every available shift during my time there at some point but closing was the most fun. Being a manager was a lot of fun too, taking care of the balancing the safe, deposits, counting drawers, and petty cash encouraged me to move on to being a bank teller after leaving; something I never thought about prior to McDonald’s.
Pros
Free lunch for management, half off for crew, flexible hours and time off (one week paid for management)
Cons
Rude customers sometimes, very busy, not the best pay even for management
Low pay, inflexible scheduling, no benefits, no sick leave. Numerous times I told management I could not work overnight shifts, only to be continuously scheduled for those shifts. I was also written up for staying home when I was sick.
Pros
Some tuition assistance
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, inflexible scheduling
Poorly managed. Hard to use sick time you have earned. Too many close friends and family working together which shows favoritism. This place was high school all over again.
Cons
Not paid for all hours worked
The Hours here are always flexible the environment is very friendly and the managers was always nice and respectful and there is always work and guaranteed hours
Easy enough job, but lacks the staff resources to get the job done. It’s a balance between hitting labour and hitting targets. Which if you get easily stressed can be problematic
Pros
Few food. Flexible for crew members.
Cons
Can only take 3 weeks holiday when schools are off. Bad if you are a parent and a manager.
Hated working here. managers have a superiority complex for some reason. I'm just glad that I got out there and found a much better place that pays more and actually respects me as an employee
Pay was advertised as $12-$14 an hour. The most we were given was $11.50 an hour. Schedules were often messy and management treated the minors poorly. The location I worked at was entirely run by 16-18 year olds while the managers sat in the back office on their phones. When asking for help (we were often busy and understaffed), managers would simply nod and tell you to figure it out yourself. Easily the worst job I have ever had.
Pros
Made bank
Mcdonalds is as good as the area it’s in. The better the area the better the management and customers. Mcdonalds has immense room for improvement! Turn over is through the roof!
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Low pay, stressful, horrible work atmosphere
Good company that allowed me to get a lot of hours and work multiple shifts. I had a good experience working there. The customers were a bit annoying though.
Pros
Good place
Cons
Customers
Most people either love or hate this job. Customers are the worst you will ever deal with and a couple lousy coworkers but if you are patient and driven, you will advance and be treated with respect. A lot of workload but it is beneficial.
Mcdonald’s in my opinion is a good job for teenagers that are looking for a first job, usually coworkers are the same age in high school or college. I met lots of new people around the same age as me and made new friends. Very location dependent, some stores have good ownership and managers or bad ownership/management. I enjoyed my time at Mcdonald’s but to some ownership you’re just one of many workers that will come and go.
Pros
Great first job to gain experience, free food
Cons
ownership/management can be either decent or bad
This job is a good job for a kid in high school but once you get into college or have kids this job is not the job for you. The pay is low and the managers are no good!
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Pay is low
I will say this is a high school job for high schoolers and is a good start job but it's not something to make a career out of. There's a lot of High school drama and they say they are flexible but they will force you to work your birthday and work while sick, I also had to work during my child's birthday due to the store being understaffed
Pros
Free small lunch
Cons
Bad healthcare, not flexible, and poor management
Bad management, were not flexible with my school schedule, horrible customers, training wasn't good/not long enough-expected to just know everything after a few days.
The pay is horrible. Regardless of position as a manager, everyone gets paid the same. You can get paid more somewhere else than there. Not everyone is held to the same standard.