McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews for Floor Manager

McDonald's was my first job and overall it was an "okay" experience. Some crew members would take the time to train others. There were both good and bad managers. Not much team development going on. The experience I gained was due to my own work and the support of other crew members and a couple of managers that actually cared about teaching me new stuff and provided feedback. A lot of favoritism which would be reflected on the work schedules and assignments. Overworked people due to the lack of people as a result of schedules done wrong
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
No benefits. No pay increase. Work overload.
McDonalds is a very fast paced job and it was a great learning experience... It’s good if you’re still in school because they have flexible hours and you can grow within the company
Working at McDonald's was amazing at the beginning. It was fun, organized, but very stressful. People would often snap on one another if the line wasn't moving fast enough and they were really just focused on their drive thru time more than they were efficiency of service. Being a manager there is very stressful and I was often left in the store entirely alone with the crew as a Manager in Training. May I also mention that they promote very easily if you do your job right and well. I was promoted to Manager in Training at the age of 17 and was told I handled some situations better than some managers that had been there 10 years. The management is a bit chaotic.
Pros
Free Lunches, 25% discount, and expendable hours
Cons
Short Breaks and unorganized at times
The only benefit to working in McDonald's is that it's a good first job that gives you an insight into becoming part of the UK workforce. Its a stepping stone to the job you want as it teaches you to work as part of a team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stat driven environment
Great place for fun and achievements.Good for personal development and practice for hygienic work place. You will get more knowledge about customers satisfaction and hospitality. Also good friendly working place. Job is tough but lots of things to get learn.
McDonald's is frustration feild .senior is torcher to junior. For example- one work depends on 4 employees but company order allow 2 member because working hr is not heigh so all preser given to all manager it's very weak point in McDonald's.
Pros
Proper employees is not available regularly under observation
Cons
Don't wrking gr proper given to employees
Not soo good but also not baadAt McDonald's your job is not secure also not to be able to get their attention to your personal life and your family.
Pros
One time meal offer
Cons
Medicle and 1 hours break also prayer break
The restaurant is very fast paced and is stressful when under pressure especially during the busy periods such as dinner time and breakfast time. Need to fill the space..
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers
since working there I have made some amazing memories with people there its a good way to meet new people and have a good relationship with them in and out of work.
Pros
excellent place too develop.
Cons
not paid enough for what you have too go through.
Good career teaches you the skills you need in life. If you can work in this faced paced environment with challenging customers you can work anywhere 😊
Pros
Depending on managment can be flexible, always hours available
Cons
Pay isn’t the best, challenging on a day to day basis due to customers
McDonalds is a great company to work for. They work with you based on your speed. Theres always room for growth. The managers there are very flexible. And they have great benefits.
Always busy satisfying customers, giving them the best experience, have to be able to work hard to succeed. Hardest part is sometimes being short staffed and having to organise people accordingly. Best part of the Job is the people I have worked with in both stores have been a pleasure to work with. I learned how to strive as part of a team, then become a leader myself. I was taught how to give best customer service, drive staff to meet targets within the day/week/month etc. skills in Conflict resolution and customer complaints are key to ensure the customers are always dealt with fairly and appropriately. Busiest at regular times like breakfast just before 11, or whenever breakfast ends. lunch and then round about 5 is the dinner rush. A typical day usually involves preparing the store for your shift, and making sure the right procedures are in place for staff and yourself to have a successful day.
Pros
Free Lunch, flexible hours, company service awards
Cons
long time on your feet
after 2 years at McDonalds I can say that its a fun work environment and if you like the people you will like the work. however it is very fast paced and you must be able to learn quickly and think on your feet, this job is not for everyone but certain types of people thrive under the pressure. I believe the training program is very good if implemented properly and if you are good at your job there is lots of room to move up the management ladder.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
dealing with customers and short breaks
It was a great experience. Everybody was very friendly and I always came to work to see a smile on my employee's face. Most customers were very friendly and I always gave them a big smile.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No healthcare
If you like fast paced environment this is for you. Always keeps you busy. Meet new people everyday. Keeps you on your toes. Good environment. Advancement opportunities.
The workers are great , didn't have a problem with the crew members. Sometimes the managers were unpleasant or under-trained. The hardest part was dealing with difficult customers even when you were being respectful.
There is no incentive at lower levels to do better, only for the top people of a location. Things like speed and presentation are harped on constantly but the issue with speed is lack of staffing/training but they won't schedule for either to save on labor(that's their incentive to get a bonus, which leeds to over worked employees=their high turnover rate). As far a presentation, no time because we are constantly pushed for time, if you stay its for the people.
A pretty good place to work for your first time. You move up quickly and the staff becomes your family. I had a lot of good memories working there. Hours and days off were flexible.
I’m in rehab and just graduated I’ve been with the company as long as I’ve been in recovery. It’s paid my bills, it’s taught me structure, I appreciate it for everything it has given me
not the best place to work but its fast food what do you expect its fast paced at some times and other times its slow. its very stressful and doesn't pay very well but is a good first job
most days we were very understaffed and then the callouts were constant we were constantly yelled and degraded by costumers then yelled and degraded by the higher management because a customer called to complain that something was wrong or that it took to long when we have maybe 5 people serving over 100 people a hour or more and we also have people disrespecting customers and managers and forcing us to send them home
Pros
meeting very nice people
Cons
meeting horrible people short breaks, lazy crew wont listen to management