McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 20,148 reviews matching the search
Come in look at playbook. Run drive thru, cashier, window front/back. Learned how to run a drive thru. Poor management. Hardest part of job was power washing floors. Free meals.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
grease on arms, and smelly.
The environment is chill when its not busy but there is always a lot of stress and not enough support when you are a new hire. I definitely wish there was more support and feedback.
I would get harassed by some of the managers. If you weren’t their friends you would be the one they pushed around. The only good thing was flexibility
Pros
Cons
Was only allowed to get a sandwich or a value sandwich and small fry and small water
It was okay management gets lost in translation keeping up with the different chain locations. It was constantly busy especially for lunch and breakfast. I enjoyed my location the pay is low then they raise it.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Customers
I love the product sold here. it was fun working here. too bad i got fired for leaving a nose ring in the food but other than that great place to work lol
As per the title, the coworkers were my favorite part of working at mcdonalds. I worked with the night crew 99% of the time and they were really fun, and my manager I worked with was super chill and let us make ourselves drinks like frappes and slushies during our shifts.Worst part would be working with any other crew (day or morning) cause they're super boring, and also you're still getting payed minimum wage to stand for 10 hours with only one 30 minute break (my location did not give 15 minute breaks, as my state doesn't have any labor laws requiring them to do so), and you could get burned really easily running food.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Very well organized but work is hard and pay is somewhat low. A good starting job for everyone though not the sexiest. I recommend only for young people.
I needed the opportunity at the time. I did get the hours but I requested additional shifts from time to time. The customers were okay but some of them were angry.
Come in ready work learn work at a fast pace and adopt quick There's always someone to help just make sure you do so. Overall a great place to work especially if you catch on after than others
I loved working overnight. I learned how to prepare food and the management team overnight was great. There was nothing hard about the job and the most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks
I only worked there for a year but it was fine. The schedule was flexible. My manager was nice. I had to work both the drive-thru and the front register as a cashier. The drive-thru would get a little hectic during dinner hours/when they had discounted prices.
Pros
discounted lunches
The mangers were rude they always sent people home early they showed major major favoritism very unprofessional never really kept anything clean expected one person to do it all
Pros
Discount meals.
This place is the worst. Treated unfairly. Bunch of overworked underpaid crazy its crazy. I work very hard and for what. This place needs new management. Smh
My co workers were super awesome and I think that’s why I enjoyed my work! I did enjoy the fast paced work. We were aseo so busy all the time your work hours went by fast
Pros
50% of lunch
the workplace itself is very good and loved everyone there! at times as you would expect it would become very fast paced. overall good first job to work.
Pros
free lunches, relaxed
Job sucks. Management does not care and the patient is poor. Job can be very stressful. Don’t expect much from here. There are other fast food restaurants.
Pros
This is ok for the time being if you just need to pay bills. It is not fulfilling but there is always a job opening. Would not recommend if you want to move up quickly.
Alright job customers vary each day, fast pace on weekends, on the lower end of pay, good part time job while being in school, coworkers were alright
Good place to work felt comfortable and good money I have no complaints I’m happy where I work would work here again nice management and co workers and felt
I went home smelling like a big Mac everyday. I like big Macs but don't want to smell like one. Good hours to work and I really liked my coworkers. Overall, not bad.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
This is a great place to work out if you just need a resume builder or some extra money. I enjoy working at my location but every place differs. At my location In Kensington, the management was nice and friendly and flexible but not every place is like that. I was lucky to have a great team. Overall the people make the place a good work environment. The customers are sometimes the worse but other than that the pay is good enough.