InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

A good place to work Very helpful management To be one of the team members at Fairmont best thing Learning how to make nice items How to make gust happy
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, dinner
Cons
Short break healthcare
Very good at all, Work in a good challenges and learn more everyday, Good salary and benefits. Trainings to keep the highest level of service, Very understanding management. Great job culture. THANK YOU.
Working under pressure as managing the rush hours as well as understanding of retailing concepts and dealing with the general public to accomplish the required task with high standard performance and submitting it on time.
highly recommended. excellent training. employees are well respected and appreciated for what they do. salaries are not great, but it is a school for the future.
productive place where i did enhanced my skills, gain experience and achieve my goals , one of the places that made a big difference in my life through teaching me new things
Pros
meals, very nice environment to gain experince
Cons
long working hours, not transplantation, no accommodation, very low salary
The Interontinental hotel group is one of the biggest hotel chains in the whole world with diversity of locations and price ranges, I was honored to work for 2 of them
Busy but not stressful working environment. Management always work on Employees development. Was a pleasure working with such team. Office had to relocate tp another country, so I had to leave.
A management that leads with cooperation and pursue success, I have learnt how to keep your great performance and attitude during heavy operations and I have enjoyed the diverse work environment. the most enjoyable part when you match guests needs and get a good feedback about the guest's stay.
I have joined InterContinental Cairo Citystars as a Guest Relations officer in 2008 when I was a fresh graduate, my work was mainly about handling guests requests along with performing all the duties of the reception for VIP guests, I have learnt at InterContinental Cairo Citystars dealing with guests coming from different countries and belonging to different cultures in a diverse work environment. I also learnt how to handle stressful and heavy operations and still hold my smile and great attitude, later on I was promoted to be an Assistant Guest Relations Manager when I learnt the art of leading a team and was successful in that with the management's support. I moved then to the Public Relations department to continue learning and stretch my potential in Marketing and PR through joining as a PR coordinator. The PR team is professional and I have learnt new insights about Communication and Marketing through my seniors. Overall, InterContinental different teams and Management are cooperative, professional and employees learn a lot in this great company. Working at IHG is always a great joy even on the hardest days. Every day is a new learning and success opportunity.
Pros
Free lunch in the Staff cafeteria, Medical insurance, Laundry allowance or nice uniforms.
It was nice journey with a great company.. I got a great chance for training. i have met a very profession people i liked to complete my career with IHG
اتمنا تعود الشركه من جديد الى الغرقه مره اخرى حتماا
Pros
كل شى متوافر الخبره والتدريب
Cons
ليس لديها فروع بالغردقه
One of the Best Working environment , Management are so friendly and supportive and Motivating High Team work spirit Best Training Materials and workshops
it was my first job after graduation but i found myself don't getting improved so i left it they need to improve there employee training
Ambiente lavorativo stimolante, sia di notte che di giorno, essendo sul Nilo, colleghi gentili e responsabili che mi hanno aiutato a svolgere le mie mansioni, essendo appena assunta. Riguardo invece il direttore del settore F&B avrei da dire che non è stato di parola, in quanto c'è stato un grande malinteso riguardo il salario mensile, e i turni, dovuto a lui, ho comunque continuato a lavorare, ma non c'è stata soluzione tempestiva e quindi mi sono licenziata, poichè dovevo comunque ripartire.
Pros
Team working, gestione ristorante
Cons
breve pausa pranzo, salario esatto non specificato all'inizio
fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the number but how you personally grow and develop.the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
• Train in, (LOTO) Locks Out Tag Out • Train to be aware of hazards and take proactive action to resolve or raise issues. • Weighing of batches, follow, (GMP) Good Manufacturing Practices and safe handling guides. • Preparation of ingredients: oscillating mill, Hobart mixer, steam jacketed kettles, electric drum lifter, caustic handling (rework processing) • Supported operation of rope and roll and score lines, loading extruders collecting product, metal detection. • Detailed internal cleaning that includes disassembly and reassembly of all pilot equipment to include: 50 gallon jacketed twin-arm mixer (sigma blade), forming extruder (double and triple screw styles), and Fitz mill comminatory. • Analyze products (dimension review) and report back results. Warehouse Workers. sumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served. ƒ Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures. ƒ Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period. ƒ Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications. ƒ Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers,sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment. ƒ Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating. ƒ Follows proper plate presentation and garnish - more...
Pros
free lunches benefits free courses
Cons
short breaks healthcare
first thing I do is to do my check list that check every thing in the system and to be sure that system is stable and the backup jobs is done correctly . I work as a first line support to users to solve their problems , escalate to my supervisor . Monitoring system through a monitoring software to detect and defect. record every issue through a ticket so we can track the problems . send mails for vendors for support .
one of the best hops i had but poor salary for every one in the hotel but i learned a lot hotel management there
Pros
free transbortation
Cons
12 hour
its a great place to work any where with IHG always training development and managed always helped
Pros
always Great
Cons
always Great
It is a 5stars hotel , managed by InterContinental hotels Group , located in the most famous area in Cairo , Tahrir square , downtown . The Management is so strong , all the standards , Manuals , policies & Procedures are available . Very clear Training plan and Career path for the hotel staff , almost 1300 employees . Management has a good Relationship with all the Governmental Authorities due to it,s good Relationship . Semiramis InterContinental is considered as school of the schools for other hotels in Egypt , where the hotel supports other hotels with the well trained employees .
Pros
free luch, free laundry, mobile allowance, transportation allowance et..
Cons
free medical service for self & family, 20% annual incentive bous, free laundry, mobile & transportation allowance, 50% discount on f&b take away, occassional bonus, etc..