Here to help
Coronavirus update

IBM Employee Reviews

Egypt63 reviews
Very interesting company specially when it comes to learning opportunities.
Great environment

Helpful intenral platform for getting problem solutions from Knowledge Management System.
Working at IBM is a different experience, since it is project based I was exposed to different situations and gained different roles in each project. every new project is like a new job and a new opportunity to achieve success.
But what makes IBM so unique are my colleagues and friends. everybody is extremely helpful, most of them know what a team means and we support each other to the maximum.
Pros
Co-workers, opportunities
Cons
long hours, average salary, traveling process needs re-visiting
I enjoy working for IBM overall:

Pros:

- As a software support engineer, working hours are very predictable and rarely every drag on after hours.

- A global environment where it's easy to reach out to other IBMers around the world in different fields.

- Software support engineers get to work from home a lot even if it's in a different city away from the IBM office.

Cons:

- Salary is stagnant and you can go on a couple of years without a proper raise. I haven't received a decent raise in 4 years now.

- Absolutely bureaucratic! There's quite a lot of things that needs management approval. For example, I had an already APPROVED business trip (manager, manager's manager, manager's manger's manager). When I requested an HR letter, HR responded that I needed to send my manager's approval.
c’était génial . je communique avec les gens et les entreprises de IBM par téléphone et transmettre les problèmes au direction responsable pour les resoudre
Pros
repas gratuit et des comission en extra time
Job Work/Life Balance Very Good
Compensation/Benefits Good

Job Security/Advancement Very Good

Management Very Good

Job Culture Very Good
security operations of the company.
admin and evaluate security products and services.

IBM security solutions administration

identify, test and implement security solutions.
Advice to Management

Management must keep in mind that it today's world, which is saturated with brilliant companies that hire top talent, IBM must remain competitive to attract great talent and hold on to it. In the meanwhile, we're seeing the opposite trend, where great people leave IBM for other companies, be it because of a more competitive package, dropping morale and many other reasons.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to move around and work in different areas
Cons
Work life balance
As a trainee I was really lucky to take an internship at IBM where it made a great difference in my coding and development skills and prepared me for working and collaborating in the business environment. As this period I learnt how to make a good presentations in front of managers
Pros
Learning how to do the things right
Cons
In my opinion there are no Cons.
IBM is a very challenging environment with alot of demands in order to progress, this make the work there more fun. The work life balance is not so good as I work on a regional level so clients are always awake somewhere in the region and need to fulfill their requests. It is a great company though in many senses of the word.
Get chance to work with more than 10 Nationality, Knowledge share, interact with different culture so increase my international experience and how we can deal work with each other .
variety of technologies and tools , but bad management , enables you to work with different nationalities and projects , but you are just a resource to get money
IBM is one of the biggest international companies around the world.
- A typical day of work would be me arriving at the start of my shift resolving all issues i get then going home

- Well through out my 2 years of Exp in IBM i did learn how to deal with all various types of IBM machines servers blade centers and troubleshooting them also SSR or on site engineer support is part of the job

- Management i can say it could be better and lets stop at that point there are too many small flows that makes you in the end not so comfortable in your work place

-Co-workers here are the best mostly the main reason person can show up to work at least , isnt it in all of the companies? :D

- Hardest part of the job is the shifts we are located in Cairo we support USA coast to coast which means during the whole week i have 0 social life and in the weekend we follow USA in Saturday and Sunday while our country goes with Saturday and Friday

The most enjoyable part of my job when i crack a new case handled to me and some of the birthdays parties we have :D
I’ve more than 7 years experience in Software development.
I’m working as a J2EE developer since I graduated in Cairo university from 7 years ago, except last few years I’ve added Business Analytics experience to my Java experience. So my main experience key words are Java, J2EE, ETL, DataStage, WODM, Data Specialist, web services.

I gained a good experience in many businesses and in the full project life cycle.

I’m seeking to utilize my experience to gain new skills and obtain a challenging to design, develop and maintain high quality software solutions for dynamic systems.
Very active company with lots of projects and technologies that can advance ones experience in a short time.
Pros
Flexible working hours, Work from home availability
Cons
no too much work building and socialization activities
Working as Informax developer and develop the billing system for Ministry of Electricity - Egypt
Pros
developer
Senior Sales Executive – From Aug 2011 up to Dec. 2012
? Generated leads & qualified accounts based on the company’s sales strategies

? Developed relationships based on the company’s relationship strategies

? Monitored and managed Advance IBM portfolios and developed Sales strategies

? Understood the different segments within the IT field (servers, storage units, services) in order to

be able to match customers’ requirements with the suite of products within the organization or to

find third party products when needed

? Made accurate and rapid cost calculation and provided clients with proposals and quotations on

servers and other range of IBM &NCR Products.

? Gathered market and customers information and provided feedback on potential future

Customers’ purchase trends

? Represented the company at governmental and private Tenders and bids

? Liaised with IBM Organization to check Order delivery progress

? Kept a record of orders and sales transactions information, and sent copies to the company’s sales

Office.

? Followed IBM on the delivery of orders

? Met business targets (B2B) set for the accounting year on a monthly basis and ensured a

Steady booking of orders throughout the year

? Visited potential customers and introduced the company and its products

? Maintained and developed relationships with existing customers

? Processed customers’ transactions and responded to product & service inquiries in a responsive,

accurate and timely manner

? Followed-up on technical issues of sold devices
 - more...
professional processes and procedures,high standard of technology, good enviroment
Fierce competition
Loads of work

Challenging environment

Professional colleagues

Excellent tools

Every minute thing has it's process to be followed
IBM is the best place to work for to learn, and grow.
There is a culture that is governing

Management are eager to share their experience with their team members

In short I love this place
Pros
working from home, culture, experienced managers
Cons
location
The company policies and rules guarantee an amazing work life balance , while maintaining the career life progress and giving opportunities to grow rapidly and enhance skills at all times , also gives great exposure to variant clients and work experience in a diversity of industries that widely broadens the skill set.
Pros
very felxible working hours / days.
Cons
salaries and incentives needs develpment