Here to help
Coronavirus update

IBM Employee Reviews in القاهرة

القاهرة31 reviews
- Clean, calm and professional place but it misses fun and social engagements, too serious!
- Wide range of cultures available.

- Very good career advancement and provide powerful training plans.

- Annual goals for employees yearly evaluations are clear enough though it's really hard to get an "Outstanding" marks.

- Long time for appraisals.

- Work from home and flex hours are available.
Pros
Dealing with highly qualified professionals.
Cons
Too Serious workplace to work for.
I had an internship like one month only and I believe it’s a very useful month that help me to learn a little things about it solutions.
IBM is a big name in the it industry it is really sad to see how the place is being run here in Cairo, there is not clear vision for any team and accordingly no future or a good career path.
Salaries are very low compared to the market. ( specially for junior level)

IF you have a good manager ur life will be kinda good, if u have a manager that hates u for a personal level , IBM will be the worst work experience. I highly recommend that u ask about ur manager before joining since there is no real escalation path to complaint in case ur manager is not following the internal policy.

I have dealt with two managers one of them is an angel manager the other is just a guy who escaped from horrible bosses movie. ( no the naked lady :D )
IBM Egypt provides many resources to learn and it has many portals and access for external websites but this can be done only if you have not loaded by your daily tasks in your project and this really is a big challenge in IBM. This is because there is some entity in IBM is a time utilization oriented.
Most of my work to supervise my team and and check the progress of work and solve the problem and coordinate with client and vendor.
The hardest part is how many problem you face and enjoyable part is to solve it.
Good working enviormnment with various types of cleints and technologies. Very flexible working hours. Good opprotunity to travel outside. Very stable corporate
Pros
Flexible working environment
Cons
You can do anything even you are not specialized at
- Learning how to communicate with the customer and how to reach the business needs
- How to deliver on time

- Managing my time

- Hardest part is when adding new feature affect previous work
Fixed computers and hardware management consoles.
Introduced the using of renewable energy to power the upcoming products and machines.

Worked with supervisor to develop and build a more efficient system storage device.
A great company that has a lot of diversity for different careers and job roles. A friendly culture of support and mentor ship and last but not the least great benefits.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
It was a huge opportunity for me, I gained lots of business skills
IBM promotes innovation through the employees, so you have the opportunity to share in patents, books, articles (scientific and non scientific), and volunteering projects.
The worst thing ever is the egyptian management.

can you imagine that there are more than a resource with the same experience and skills and get paid different!
Pros
Some Unique benefits, Fancy office
Cons
No work life balance, un-fair management
Working at IBM was my very first job. Since it's my first, I learned a lot from working in a enterprise environment, I got to know lots and different people. I learned good soft skills and fair knowledge in technology since it was a sales internship. I got to practice my French skills as well
Great to work in.
Has well known reputation, Good working space, nice management and rules. Uses most fine technologies and agile methodologies for software development
1- The environment is very good which helps the employee to do his best.
2- I Learned a lot from working in the projects and also from dealing with such experienced persons

3- Most of the managers are very good person which appreciate effort and work done

4- The hardest part of my jobs is that as a tester, my role is the last phase before delivery, So I face much pressure at delivery time

5- I enjoy my job all the time, as always I am learning. Learning new business, new tools, dealing with different kind of people which increase my experience a lot
Excellent Employer to work in with excellent environment, with very good Job culture, and very good management, I recommend it as a very good employer
Working at IBM is a different experience, since it is project based I was exposed to different situations and gained different roles in each project. every new project is like a new job and a new opportunity to achieve success.
But what makes IBM so unique are my colleagues and friends. everybody is extremely helpful, most of them know what a team means and we support each other to the maximum.
Pros
Co-workers, opportunities
Cons
long hours, average salary, traveling process needs re-visiting
I enjoy working for IBM overall:

Pros:

- As a software support engineer, working hours are very predictable and rarely every drag on after hours.

- A global environment where it's easy to reach out to other IBMers around the world in different fields.

- Software support engineers get to work from home a lot even if it's in a different city away from the IBM office.

Cons:

- Salary is stagnant and you can go on a couple of years without a proper raise. I haven't received a decent raise in 4 years now.

- Absolutely bureaucratic! There's quite a lot of things that needs management approval. For example, I had an already APPROVED business trip (manager, manager's manager, manager's manger's manager). When I requested an HR letter, HR responded that I needed to send my manager's approval.
Job Work/Life Balance Very Good
Compensation/Benefits Good

Job Security/Advancement Very Good

Management Very Good

Job Culture Very Good
security operations of the company.
admin and evaluate security products and services.

IBM security solutions administration

identify, test and implement security solutions.
Advice to Management

Management must keep in mind that it today's world, which is saturated with brilliant companies that hire top talent, IBM must remain competitive to attract great talent and hold on to it. In the meanwhile, we're seeing the opposite trend, where great people leave IBM for other companies, be it because of a more competitive package, dropping morale and many other reasons.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to move around and work in different areas
Cons
Work life balance