IBM Employee Reviews

Showing all 30,460 reviews
Very interesting company specially when it comes to learning opportunities. Great environment Helpful intenral platform for getting problem solutions from Knowledge Management System.
Pour avoir travaillé plus de 10 ans à IBM.Je peux vous dire que IBM veut dire Industrie Business Machines, mais en vérité ça veut dire Industrie Bête et Méchante.😎On ne devient pas intelligent chez IBM on devient bête et méchant😑Cordialement
Pros
Ras
Cons
Ras
Will get opportunities to learn new technologies.Care about IBMers' health with various programs like flu vaccinations, yoga, jumba, nutrition sessions, parental care, etc.
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at IBM are were good. Until the contract rate kept getting cut. Which resulted in a lower.permanent rateJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at IBM, I think there wasn't muchManagementIn general, managers at IBM were goodCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at IBM was great, since I only worked oneaccountOverallMy experience working at IBM cannot be assessed as a permanent employee, since I only had this status for less than 3 months. As a 5 year contractor, my experience was goid
Would need an overall reorg to become a leaner organization byAddressing the unnecessary layers of managers hindering the productivity of the fewer individuals who are doing the actual work.Every time the budget is negatively impacted,, the first ones to be put on furlough or to be let go are the ones contributing to the delivery of the product/project.
Pros
You are expected to keep current in the technology and the processes to deliver quality products
Cons
The environment can be very depressing as it is demanding and not much rewarding
todo un reto. de experiencias , aprendizajes. desarrollo profesional, recomendado.
Eat up any training you can get for you next job!All they want is cheap laborNot a place where you will be able to move up(heard that from a teamlead meeting)My teammates would always say negative things about the companyTeamlead is a straight forward guy and would always tell me to just keep your eye out for a better job ibm doesn't want long term workersUpper management is absolute TRASH, they have no clue what really goes on out in the field.Lexington "office" is TRASH, sit in a room with no windows and its too small for 5-6 people. 100% NOT A PROFESSIONAL WORK PLACE!Watch where you step going to the restrooms or just anywhere in the building, cause you might step in human S@#T. I wish I was joking about that!
Pros
Free trips to different states, Free trainings, Co-Workers were cool
Cons
Pay, Benifits, Work palce and office, Upper management
Highlight is the people - everyone is kind, happy to have coffee chats, and help you develop professionally. Very few bad apples in the bunch.Great networking opportunities, senior execs happy to meet and chat, great management overall, top schools, fun culture.
Pros
Cons
Intern pay is low
IBM is a tribal environment with no trust. Employees and first line managers spend more time protecting their territories than looking out for what is right for the company. Everyone's number will eventually come up. Severance is laughable.
IBM is an extremely productive and fun place to work. They help motivate and lead in many ways to meet the company's mission. Many of the skills learned from IBM will last many years throughout an employee's working career.
Pros
Building high-end computers
Cons
Short periods of downtime.
My experiences from my roles:Contact Center: management implements new structure to ensure their team is adaptablePayroll/HR Shared Service: employee must have high stress enduranceAccount Trainer: Will be offered opportunities to handle different assignments, just be mindful on Separation of DutiesIBM overall: diverse and innovative; IBM wants its employees to be relevant in the next few years through offering online trainings where they can upskill themselves
Pros
Work Stability
Cons
Salary Increase
IBM is a very good company to work withGood experience. Very professional environment. However hikes are not good. Even you work exceptionally hard you will get normal hikes. They want equality in salary hike among all staffs. That may be a reason of pain for you sometimes.
Trabajo en equipoComunicación Áreas d trabajo limpias
Pros
Seguro imss
Cons
Permisos sin goses d sueldo
I love working with IBM because of the flexibily and worklife balance. The work loads are stressful, but with the teammate and managers makes all the work culture is fun and manageable.
Pros
Meal allowance RM20 for working over time
Good Internal job placement policy, working with IBM was always fun , learning and enjoying with friends.We used to work for full day and many times used to come for over time also for which extra payment was also given
Lo que más disfrute es tener información de tecnología más reciente.
Pros
Fondo de Empleados
Cons
Depende de la entidad interna para la que trabajes
I loved it here. I loved the different cultures I worked with and I just in general loved the overall company environment. I got along with everyone and found my manager very easy to talk to and learn from.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours but worth the pay check.
the job would be mostly stressful. management would play favorites, so you were either in or out not much in between management would not always be truthful
Pros
decent salary
IBM provided guidance and mentorship in a continuously learning environment that promoted innovation to clients. All projects are different but every project and training, you learn something new.
Pros
Brand
Cons
Pay
At IBM, I recommend to learn as much as you can, and then go elsewhere, as the company has no loyalty to any employee, the culture is very very non respectful of people and only promote and pay white employees a fair and equitable salary. Minorities are pay dramatically less, scrutinized and watched, and passed over for promotions time and time again. Moreover, IBM has a massive amount of contractors to which they work for years and years, and are not hired permanently.
Pros
Intranet (Blue pages)
Cons
Discriminatory, lack of promotions, low pay for minorities, and a white rules culture
Watch out for the cut that happens 2x a year and is based on your pay and not your performance. Upper management is often brutal with unrealistic goals.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Terrible culture in upper management
  1. Employee Reviews