IBM Employee Review

Mechanical Engineer Intern

September 21, 2017
Fixed computers and hardware management consoles.
Introduced the using of renewable energy to power the upcoming products and machines.

Worked with supervisor to develop and build a more efficient system storage device.
July 17, 2019
IT Technician (Former Employee) - Egypt, cairo
I had an internship like one month only and I believe it’s a very useful month that help me to learn a little things about it solutions.
July 16, 2019
Remote Support Technician (Former Employee) - Cairo
IBM is a big name in the it industry it is really sad to see how the place is being run here in Cairo, there is not clear vision for any team and accordingly no future or a good career path.
Salaries are very low compared to the market. ( specially for junior level)

IF you have a good manager ur life will be kinda good, if u have a manager that hates u for a personal level , IBM will be the worst work experience. I highly recommend that u ask about ur manager before joining since there is no real escalation path to complaint in case ur manager is not following the internal policy.

I have dealt with two managers one of them is an angel manager the other is just a guy who escaped from horrible bosses movie. ( no the naked lady :D )
June 16, 2019
IT Specialist (Former Employee) - Cairo, Egypt
- Clean, calm and professional place but it misses fun and social engagements, too serious!
- Wide range of cultures available.

- Very good career advancement and provide powerful training plans.

- Annual goals for employees yearly evaluations are clear enough though it's really hard to get an "Outstanding" marks.

- Long time for appraisals.

- Work from home and flex hours are available.
Pros
Dealing with highly qualified professionals.
Cons
Too Serious workplace to work for.