Here to help
Coronavirus update

IBM Employee Reviews

Egypt63 reviews
Very interesting company specially when it comes to learning opportunities. Great environment Helpful intenral platform for getting problem solutions from Knowledge Management System.
The most valuable experience anyone can get is getting exposed to IBM tools. No good salaries, no fair management, no good projects. Carrer advancement is built only on nepotism.
I was hired by IBM to manage ISV project. This program consist of 45 startup companies recently enrolled to be IBM partners. My role was to consult these companies from Marketing perspective. It was great and diversified experience. The hardest part was that i spent a lot of effort to understand the business nature and sector for every company, but the enjoyable part was that i gained a comprehensive and condensed experience .
I have gained a lot of experience in IBM company internship i met new respectful and high qualified people i learned more about how big companies work
You can boost your career at IBM specially at very start of your career, however not that good for more than 5 years as no retirement package is offered.
I received a lot of training and workshops to develop my skills in the different products that we required to support. I gained huge experience of customer support and handling, both remote and onsite. We collaborated as a team to ensure customer satisfaction with highest standards. We had our fun times with table tennis and team outings.
A Professional organization with effective productivity for delivering Agile & waterfall strategic projects following CMMI L5. Delivering high quality projects with putting the client first.
I had an internship like one month only and I believe it’s a very useful month that help me to learn a little things about it solutions.
IBM is a big name in the it industry it is really sad to see how the place is being run here in Cairo, there is not clear vision for any team and accordingly no future or a good career path. Salaries are very low compared to the market. ( specially for junior level) IF you have a good manager ur life will be kinda good, if u have a manager that hates u for a personal level , IBM will be the worst work experience. I highly recommend that u ask about ur manager before joining since there is no real escalation path to complaint in case ur manager is not following the internal policy. I have dealt with two managers one of them is an angel manager the other is just a guy who escaped from horrible bosses movie. ( no the naked lady :D )
- Clean, calm and professional place but it misses fun and social engagements, too serious! - Wide range of cultures available. - Very good career advancement and provide powerful training plans. - Annual goals for employees yearly evaluations are clear enough though it's really hard to get an "Outstanding" marks. - Long time for appraisals. - Work from home and flex hours are available.
Pros
Dealing with highly qualified professionals.
Cons
Too Serious workplace to work for.
i worked as system administrator for IBM (contractor) and my direct managers is IBMER i learned many things in this projects and skills i worked on products of ibm like tsm,tivoli
IBM is a great company and a very good place to work in. It's truly a learning organization that gave a lot of expertise and exposure.However, it has challenges as well..working in IBM is not an easy thing...but at the end it's still a a great experience !
Very professional career path oriented company where you can develop your skill set very fast and learn different technologies in a very short time. The mentor concept their is very helpful and it is a win win situation
Great to work, learned the IT concept, mastering Enterprise solutions build, career development and motivation, moreover traveling the world for customer solutions delivery and traning.
IBM Egypt provides many resources to learn and it has many portals and access for external websites but this can be done only if you have not loaded by your daily tasks in your project and this really is a big challenge in IBM. This is because there is some entity in IBM is a time utilization oriented.
Most of my work to supervise my team and and check the progress of work and solve the problem and coordinate with client and vendor. The hardest part is how many problem you face and enjoyable part is to solve it.
Large and diverse client base means some great work for new joiners to get involved with.Wide variety of work, support in between the projects great culture, high salary, great perks - including provate health insurance
- A very good company for working mothers. - Supports working from home. - Have a good Process management. - Organized company. - Friendly environment.
great company great name great experience bureaucratic not dynamic old managers not good workplace culture hardest part of the job when u had an angry customer who wasn't wanna listen to you
Good working enviormnment with various types of cleints and technologies. Very flexible working hours. Good opprotunity to travel outside. Very stable corporate
Pros
Flexible working environment
Cons
You can do anything even you are not specialized at
Work is flexible, You must be self motivated person, place to get the newest education and technology, good atmosphere .......................................................
Pros
Flexibility