General Motors

General Motors Employee Reviews

i was trained there as mechanical engineer in localization department to check all local mechanical components to be as the same specification as the original parts
It is a fast paced environment to work in. Lots of innovation and team work. Lots of cross functional work as well as opportunities to join activities outside of work.
Pros
Lots of activities and oppurtunitites to meet people.
Cons
Fast paced
ottimo lavoro e ambito stimolare pe il lavoro tutti li sono amechivoli
in general motors ho imparato che il lavoro deve essere in gruppo perche senza il gruppo non si possa andare avante , e anche il rispetto di fronte ai lavoratori
Pros
Ordinate, Buoni
Learned Basics of Quality systems and applications and how it would be applied in general motors company as an example. It was a very interesting opportunity to be trained by experts and professional managers
GM is a market leader in its sector and it's a great company to learn in it lots of things, like working under stress with very tight deadlines, take corrective actions to save the situation and to maintain being the market leader. GM expose you to the international companies work life and it teaches yon how to deal with different nationalities face to face as well as remotely to achieve the best results ever. At the plant we have a cafeteria that facilitates lunch meals to all employees on a daily basis while there is another cafe' available at the plant that offers food and drinks as well, but paid. Currently the economical situation in Egypt is not so good, the prices are increasing hysterically. Yet the team spirit in the company is one of the strongest ethics of this place and this makes the decision of leaving them so hard for me.
Pros
Flexible Working Hours
Cons
Not recognizing the Admin Assistants like the rest of employees and delaying their promotions
A Very Dynamic, productive and continuously evolved workplace which need a continuous focus and dedication to support the production team and maintain a steady flow of the production lines.
I find General Motors one of the best places i have worked at. The management is doing their best to build not only long relationship with the customers but also the employees by offering them with most things they need. I've gained a lot of experience in the Accounting field & specially Accounts Receivable Section. My daily activities include: Issuing Automated SAP Invoices & Certificate of Titles for Cars sold to Mansour, Manage the spare parts selling process, manage the warranty payment process, manage the allied sales to companies outside Egypt, make aging analysis for accounts receivable during the year, Collaborate with Accounts Payable & General Accounting sections in issuing the Balance Sheet & Income Statement monthly, quarterly & annually.
Pros
Free Lunches, Transportation, Medical Insurance for me & first degree relatives, Life Insurance, Profit Share Hours.
Well, GM was very good in terms of salary package and benefits. Very challenging place with long working hours, no work-life balance at all. I would prefer it as an institute to learn from. They really invest in people but they cannot retain them because of lack of recognition (Unfortunately).
Pros
Very good in terms of salary package and benefits.
Cons
Long working hours
It's a nice company with a huge potential, they take a good care of their customers and they do have great benefits as well
GM is my favorite company.At GM Global Connected Consumer, we are finding ways to bring your digital life into your car and your car into your digital life. One way is with our phones. OnStar RemoteLink gives you new ways to connect with your OnStar equipped vehicle GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM
A very rich experience working as a change agent in the production department and reach BIQ level III through enforcing the quality & standardization culture within the working team.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Traffic to the facility from home
My teammates and I have a blast almost every single day, and on days that we don’t, we still have a darn good time. Sure, we get a lot of challenges -work load, deadlines and the pressure to be perfect – but I see them as opportunities to see how far we can push ourselves, excel at what we do, and be stronger as a team.
-you would gain a lot of knowledge and experience. -Good working environment -Good knowledge of management
very good work place , very good payers , very good environment