Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH Employee Review

a little stressful

May 6, 2014
I deal with many people as I work at the main office and serve around 20 different projects. For this reason work can get a little stressful at times. My company encourages me in taking different training skills and I am currently learning the German language to help me advance with work.
December 31, 2018
Same location
Advisor Institutionalisation (Former Employee) - Cairo
a decent employer, could be better abroad in terms of transparency, management and technical knowledge
September 8, 2016
Same location
member (Former Employee) - Cairo
travelling and finish my work . have fun . look to the details and learn from everything at my day. with GIZ have learned about the quality in the work.
Pros
travilling
Cons
not complete vision
August 14, 2016
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) - Egypt
GIZ staff in Egypt was very welcoming and supportive. Everyone cares to share knowledge and experience. Through my job as a project consultant, I learned a lot in agriculture and marketing field from my German boss, who was my supervisor throughout the program. I learned how to do a research in the agriculture field, to make a report, to interpret and instant translating from English to Arabic and vice versa. The hardest part of the job, is that I had to work alone and independently, so I did not have co-workers, was only me and my supervisor. However, this was the most enjoyable part of the job too, because it taught me how to take the right decision in the right time and to be responsible of it, as well as meeting deadlines. Another enjoyable part of the job, was that I was exploring and gaining knowledge and experiences in the field of Horticultural marketing. I did not meet personally with managers within the company, but I had the feeling that it is really a well managed company. Financial wise, it was not a promising salary, and no facilities were provided, such as (transportation and insurance).
Pros
few hours of work.
Cons
Lack of transportation, small salary